Call For Abstracts
Global Offshore Brazil Summit – Open
|Global Offshore Brazil Summit invites you to be a part of one of the industry’s most respected technical programs; submit your technical abstract today! No formal paper is due, simply fill out the information below and include a brief description of your topic. 2018 Global Offshore Brazil Summit celebrates it’s 1st annual edition in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 11-13 June, 2018!|
The Global Offshore Brazil Summit Technical Conference:
Engages key members of the deepwater oil and gas community by providing a stage for world-class technical discussions focusing on the technology, innovation and experience paving the way to realizing a future of increasing demand. The technical program works together with the focused exhibition and valuable networking opportunities to create an environment conducive to better understanding the long-term vision of the global deepwater industry.
- All abstracts need to be submitted by
- Please review topic options.
- Complete the form at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an automatic e-mail upon submission confirming the receipt of your abstract.
- If necessary, abstracts can be e-mailed directly to Allison.Tonkin@questoffshore.com.
- Any questions can be directed to the aforementioned e-mail.
- Abstract topic should be relevant to deepwater technologies, strategies or developments
- Abstracts should focus on the technical elements of the chosen topic, not the commercial aspects of a company’s offerings – commercial abstracts will not be accepted.
- To enable the Advisory Board to judge each abstract adequately, please provide a comprehensive abstract containing a brief description of the proposed presentation, relevant application of information to the deepwater market and high level observations and conclusions
- It is encouraged that project-related abstracts be co-authored by the oil company involved in the project.
- Any proposed presentation must get all necessary approvals prior to submitting an abstract. If outstanding approval issues remain at time of submission, please note those for review.
Technical Topic Options:
- Macro Industry Topics & Trends
- Subsurface, Well & Drilling Technology and Assets
- Subsea Technologies (production, processing, monitoring, umbilicals, power, IMR, etc.)
- Pipelines, Flowlines and Risers (steel, flexibles, leak detection and prevention, flow assurance, configuration, etc.)
- Floating Production Systems (novel technologies, case studies, FLNG, mooring solutions, turrets, etc.)
- Marine Construction (installation, offshore construction, fleet opportunities/challenges, etc.)
Technical Topic Category Options:
|Standardization||Technology Maturation||Qualification||Fit-for-Purpose Solutions|
|Industry Collaboration||Innovative Technologies||Ultra-HP/HT||Industry Standards|
|Project Lessons Learned||Technology Gaps||Frontier Region Requirements||Life of Field|
|Operator’s Needs/Requirements||Market Outlook||Local Content||Engineering|
|Project Cost||Concept Selection||Supply & Demand||Contracting Strategy|
|Project Risk||Field Optimization||Pre-Sale/Sub-Salt||Case Studies|
View Full List of Suggested Technical Topics >>
Notification of Acceptance
You will be notified of your acceptance into the technical program in late December 2017 to early January 2018.
You will have two (2) weeks from when the acceptance e-mail is sent to confirm your participation.
If we do not receive your confirmation after a follow-up e-mail, we will assume you are no longer interested in participating in the program.
Technical Program Format
Upon final approval of the technical program, each accepted speaker will be contacted. Full speaker guidelines will be provided at that time. Please see below for initial information.
- Majority of technical program is run in two, simultaneous tracks
- Each speaker is given 15-20 minutes to speak (presentations are to be limited to 15-20 slides).
- Time for Q&A with audience is not included in the 15-20 minutes and should not be considered additional available time to speak.
- Proceedings (Adobe PDF Files) are gathered about one month prior to the event and distributed at the event.
- No technical paper is required
- Rough drafts of presentations are required and vetted by session chair people to ascertain guidelines have been adhered to.
- An Audience Response System is utilized in track one and requires multiple choice/true, false/agree, disagree questions to be submitted by speakers with answer options (these are to elicit options, not quiz the audience on a presentation).
While we understand circumstances arise that may prohibit you from presenting after confirmation, we appreciate that speakers who much cancel, find a suitable replacement for the speaker.
Again, we would like to thank you for your interest in being part of our high-value technical programs. The growing success of the Global Offshore Brazil Summit is due, in large part, to the high-caliber expertise brought to the event by our presenters. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at +1 (281) 491-5900.
We look forward to seeing you in
Rio, 11-13 June 2018!